How to acquire Secondary Capacity rights
Grain LNG facilitates the following hierarchy of secondary capacity/anti-hoarding mechanisms:
- Internal trading of re-gasification capacity, LNG temporary storage capacity and LNG stock. Capacity holders trade directly with each other and notify Grain LNG to ensure the Terminal’s operations management system is updated. Berthing slots can also be traded by agreement between the capacity holders and Grain LNG.
- Acceptance of cargoes traded on a secondary basis with primary customers.
- Secondary capacity acquired from a primary capacity holder through Secondary Capacity Mechanisms
Use It Or Lose It (UIOLI) arrangements
This hierarchy of mechanisms further enhances the competitive environment at the Terminal and effectively removes any opportunity for primary capacity holders to benefit from hoarding their capacities.
Market participants interested in any of options 2 or 3 should read the attached?Third Party Access User Guide?for further information about the mechanisms available, including who to contact.
The Annual Unloading Plan currently comprises approximately 240 berthing slots per year, or two slots every three days on average. Third parties interested in utilising berthing slots at the Terminal should discuss their requirements with Grain LNG or the?primary capacity holders?in the first instance.
Applying for access to Grain LNG Terminal
Capacity at Grain LNG Terminal can be acquired:
- as secondary capacity by agreement with existing primary capacity holders; or
- as short term capacity via a short-term contract with Grain LNG Ltd.
Any company with a bona fide interest in obtaining secondary capacity at the Grain LNG terminal must first become a registered user and pay a non-refundable fee of ￡10,000 and complete steps 1 to 4 below:
- Download the standard?Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete all details (full company name, country of registration, registration number and registered office address)
- Print and sign two (2) originals of the Confidentiality Agreement?Please leave the date blank. Grain LNG will date the agreement when it countersigns the hard copies.?
Applicants are advised that the Confidentiality Agreement is a standard document and material amendments will not be accepted.
- Send the signed originals of the Confidentiality Agreement and a letter of application stating:
- applicant company name
- address of the applicant's registered office or equivalent
- a brief summary of the applicant’s participation in the global LNG/Gas markets
- the type of Grain LNG terminal capacity (primary or UIOLI) which the applicant is interested in acquiring
- by registered post to the Grain LNG address?Contact us
Grain LNG will return a counter-signed, executed original of the Confidentiality Agreement and will contact the applicant to discuss capacity requirements.